- 1 (16 ounce) container Greek yogurt
- 1-Cucumber’s cucumber seeded, peeled and Grated
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or you can use ground turkey)
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pita breads
- 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Larger onion, chopped
- Line a colander with two layers of cheesecloth and place it over a bowl. Place the yogurt on the cheesecloth and cover the colander with plastic wrap. Allow yogurt to drain for several hours.
- Lay grated cucumber on a plate lined with paper towel; allow to drain 1 to 2 hours.
- Combine the drained Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, Dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving
- In separate bowl, combine ground beef and seasonings.(Garlic powder, Dried Oregano, Salt and Pepper)
- Shape into 4 patties and cook in a skillet until fully cooked. Cut patties into thin slices
- Spray nonstick spray in a large skillet over medium heat; place each pita bread into the skillet until warm and soft, about 2 minutes per pita.
- Stuff meat into pitas. Add lettuce, tomato, and onion and Serve with cucumber sauce.