- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks of butter ( =1 Cup of Butter)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar for decoration (topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium size bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls (2 tablespoons) and roll the balls in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets (no stick spray) and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.